Keno is an interesting casino variant that can provide you with the refreshment you need after playing strategic and mind squeezing games. There is little to think in this game. Though the odds of winning is same for every number out of the 80 numbers played, keno players try to spot patterns!
These games are more of a lotto game:
- You mark the number you are betting on by marking them on special keno tickets using keno crayons.
- The ticket will have 80 numbers and you can mark anywhere from 4 to 10 numbers in the ticket.
- From a jar containing balls numbered from 1 to 80 you will be picking 20 balls.
- If the numbers you marked in the ticket coincides with the numbers you picked from the jar you will get your payouts applicable.
- If the 20 balls do not have the numbers you marked, you lose your money.
Spots in keno refer to the numbers you have marked to play. If you play just 4 marks, you are playing 4 spots. If you play 10 numbers, you are playing 10 spots.
There are different types of keno tickets you can play:
- Straight tickets
- Combination tickets
- Split tickets
- King tickets
In some keno variants rather than playing numbers, you can bet on the regions in the ticket like top 40 numbers /Bottom 40 numbers, Left /Right, or Edges where you bet on the numbers on the corner line.
The origins of the keno game can be traced back to China. The game has not indeed changed for centuries now. The keno game is handy to play for its low cost and no-brainer gaming approach. It is a good idea to take a break from your routine high rake games like roulette, baccarat and blackjack. You can play the tickets online for very few cents too! Free keno games can also be a choice if you want a refreshment without spending.