The 52 deck of cards along with one joker is used to play Pai Gow Poker. The joker is used as a wild card in this game.
The flow of the game can be summarized as follows:
- Seven batches each consisting of seven cards are dealt by the dealer, 7 x 7 = 49, leaving back 4 cards.
- The dealer will be shuffling the throwing three dice.
- The come out number on each of the dice will be added.
- The total of the numbers on the dice is used at the count target.
- The players are counted in clockwise direction, until the last number of the total.
- The player on whom the last number lands plays the dice
- The remaining gets the remaining four cards are dealt one each starting player next. If there are no players these cards are left undealt.
The players are supposed to make two hands:
- One hand has 5 cards, the high hand
- Second hand has 2 cards, the low hand
The high plus low hand combination made by the player is compared to the dealer and the player has to beat the dealer to win the payout.
The regular classical hand rankings for poker apply for hand evaluation. Aces can play both high and low; however, since the joker can play the wild card, there is a probability of a five-card hand with 5 aces, which is obviously the highest paid hand.
Pai Gow poker is also known as the double hand poker. The possibilities for the two card hand are a pair and a high rank card. In some casinos, the lowest possible straight is A-2-3-4-5 but in some casinos, it is A-K-Q-J-10. You need to check in to the applicable combination the online casino where you play accepts.